Friday, November 19, 2004

Review: Walla Walla High School's Performance of the Musical "Guys and Dolls"

Guys and Dolls. A great musical. And performed really well by Walla Walla High School. I had not actually seen "Guys and Dolls" before, but I quickly found out it was a great play. Now I will give you a "quick" plot summary:

INSERT SUMMARY HERE

Wa-Hi did it very well. The costumes were incredible. The set was very well made (as good as a high school can do anyway) and the actors REALLY got into the parts. For the most part, they showed real emotion. They had fairly good accents (adds a nice realistic touch). The actors who performed were very good at doing their job. Basically, I have nothing but praise for them.

I saw Wa-Hi's performance of "Oklahoma!" two years ago. I think it was slightly better, but "Guys and Dolls" comes really close. I give Walla Walla High School's Performance of "Guys and Dolls" two thumbs up and look forward to seeing more great plays from Wa-Hi's drama department.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home