Sunday, March 13, 2005

I ♡ Podcasts!

Podcasts. You have probably heard of Podcasts by now. You probably have begun listening to them. If you haven't, then start!

Software: As I only use Windows, I will have to tell you about the two Podcast programs I have tried. First, I tried jPodder. It was OK, but a little on the hard to use and buggy side. I don't recommend it. Also, it uses Java, so it is a little slow. Then I tried iPodder. As far as I understand it (and correct me if I'm wrong) this was among the first. It requires no additional software, gives you the option during install to have it start when your computer does, has a built in Directory, and has a very intuitive interface. I recommend it. Additionally, I prefer the 2.0 pre-release version. It seems just as stable and the interface is even better.

Podcasts: I haven't listened to many yet, but here are some really nice ones (note that these are not direct links to the XML feeds, these lead to the Podcast page):
KOMO News - News from the Puget Sound, WA area.
Reel Reviews - They review movies. In depth.
Battlestar Galactica - Listen to the commentary for the show, while you are watching it on TV.
Happy Podcasting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home